Inventio: from invenire, to find, to discover.
Inventio is the multidisciplinary undergraduate research journal of The Catholic University of America. It aims to identify and disseminate original undergraduate research that best represents the university’s commitment to the academic and Catholic traditions that inform its mission to “discover and impart the truth.” The journal accepts submissions of research in theology, philosophy, the humanities, and the social sciences written by current students or within two years of their graduation. Inventio is supported by Undergraduate Studies, the University Honors Program, the English Department, and the University Writing Center.
Submissions to Inventio undergo double blind review by the Faculty Advisory Board and essays approved for publication undergo a second double blind review process overseen by the Student Editorial Board, which ultimately makes the selections for and produces each issue.
Inventio also includes a special section: “The First Year Experience,” which features the best essays written by an FYE student in PHIL 201 or 202, TRS 201, and ENG 101. Selections are made by the faculty director of each FYE course.
2017 Student Editorial Board
- Editor-in-Chief: Rebecca McCarron
- Managing Editor & Head Copyeditor: Angelica Sisson
- Assistant Managing Editor: Danielle Schirripa
- Associate Editor: Claire Colemen
- Head Layout Editor: Selina Donahue
- Web Content Editor: Antoinette Cea
- Copyeditor: Isabel Vander Bleek
- Journal Photographer: Magdalena Schutzler
- Website Assistants: Carly Baluarte
- Dr. Taryn Okuma, English
- Dr. Jennifer Paxton, History
- Dr. Caroline Sherman, History